UNDP and UNICEF joined forces and launched the updated STEM4ALL digital platform on August 23, 2022, during a live virtual event which drew over 200 people online. Attendees received a brief tour of the new platform and saw first-hand the newly designed sections that make resources, advocacy, inspiring stories of role models and gender equality advocates accessible to women and girls, policy makers, employers, civil society organizations, educators and parents. Mirjana Spoljaric-Egger, Assistant Secretary-General, Regional Bureau Europe and Central Asia at UNDP and Afshan Khan, Regional Director for Europe and Central Asia at UNICEF gave the opening remarks. The event brought together impressive women and girls in STEM and advocates from the region to discuss how to advance gender equality in these fields in a systematic way:
- Valeriya Ionan, Deputy Minister for Eurointegration at Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine
- Ebru Özdemir, Chairperson of the Limak Foundation and Founder of Engineer Girls of Turkey
- Asel Sartbaeva, Associate Professor of Chemistry, University of Bath and CEO and Co-founder of EnsiliTech Ltd.
- Sajra Mušanović (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Zhaniya Koshkimbayeva (Kazakhstan)
- Aizat Omurbai kyzy (Kyrgyzstan)
You can view the recording here.